Stars! Movies! Statues! Hollywood!

We are in the midst the fifth season - award season!

Starting in mid October, Hollywood and other big players in the global movie sphere start handing out their statues to their favorite movies, actors, writers, directors and others who are involved in the 'biz'. Almost every weekend from October through the end of February one event chases the next: Critics Choice, SAG, Independent Spirit, Golden Globes, BAFTA, and of course, the crown jewel, the grand daddy of all award shows the Academy Awards better known as the Oscars!




I LOVE award season. Whenever I watch an award show, I turn my phone on silent, pour myself a glass of wine and tear into a bag of cookies, while lounging on the couch in my sweats. Seeing all these skinny celebrities make me hungry!

via GIPHY

This year, the Oscars celebrate their 89th anniversary! Oscar is still looking good for his ripe old age and is still as popular as ever. In Tinseltown, rumor has it that the statue's nickname 'Oscar' was coined by someone working at the Academy claiming that the little golden man looked like her uncle Oscar. Although small in stature, the little fella weighs in at over 8 lbs according to the official Academy website oscars.org.

Every year it gets more difficult to keep up with watching all nominated movies before the award show because movies are just getting better and better. In the past, I wanted to see maybe three or four nominated movies. This year, I want to see them all!

ARRIVAL
FENCES
HACKSAW RIDGE
HELL OR HIGH WATER
HIDDEN FIGURES
LA LA LAND
LION
MANCHESTER BY THE SEA
MOONLIGHT

And just because of Natalie Portman, I also put Jackie on the list. Plus, I adore Meryl Streep, so I will watch Florence Foster Jenkins too. Sounds like I need to take a week of vacation to squeeze them all in before February 26th!

via GIPHY

What's your favorite movie on the list?


via GIPHY

Sweatpants, here I come! Where is my wine? Who ate my cookies???


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made in Styria - Improved in California: Ich über mich

No one should ever have to appologize for their accomplishments

Repatriation Nation